GLOBAL CONTINUES TO LEAD THE UK COMMERCIAL RADIO MARKET GROWING ITS AUDIENCE TO 25m WEEKLY LISTENERS AND ITS SHARE TO 23%
GLOBAL HAS THE TOP FOUR COMMERCIAL RADIO BRANDS IN THE UK
HEART, CAPITAL, SMOOTH AND CLASSIC FM
LBC CELEBRATES ANOTHER ALL-TIME RECORD WITH 2.8m WEEKLY LISTENERS THE HIGHEST EVER REACH IN ITS 47-YEAR HISTORY
ADDING 530,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
LBC NEWS – BRITAIN’S FIRST NATIONAL ROLLING NEWS RADIO STATION – LAUNCHES WITH A MASSIVE 657,000 WEEKLY LISTENERS
HEART REMAINS THE UK’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND
WITH 9.4m WEEKLY LISTENERS
CAPITAL IS ONCE AGAIN THE UK’S NO.1 HIT MUSIC BRAND
WITH 7.5m WEEKLY LISTENERS
2.4M LISTENERS MORE THAN KISS
CAPITAL XTRA GROWS ITS AUDIENCE TO 1.9m
ADDING 113,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR, GROWING IN REACH, HOURS AND SHARE
CLASSIC FM CELEBRATES A 13 YEAR HIGH
INCREASING ITS POSITION AS THE NATION’S FAVOURITE CLASSICAL MUSIC STATION
NOW REACHING 5.5m WEEKLY LISTENERS
ADDING 196,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
SMOOTH REMAINS THE THIRD LARGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND IN THE UK WITH 5.7M WEEKLY LISTENERS
1.6 MILLION LISTENERS MORE THAN MAGIC
SMOOTH CHILL AND SMOOTH COUNTRY GROW IN REACH IN THE PAST QUARTER
RADIO X GROWS ITS AUDIENCE TO 1.7M LISTENERS EACH WEEK
ADDING 113,000 LISTENERS YEAR ON YEAR
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40 CONTINUES TO ATTRACT 1.3M WEEKLY LISTENERS
NATIONALLY AT BREAKFAST…
GLOBAL HAS THE NUMBER 1 AND 2 COMMERCIAL NATIONAL BREAKFAST SHOWS IN THE UK
HEART BREAKFAST – 4.1m
CAPITAL BREAKFAST – 3.3m
HEART BREAKFAST WITH JAMIE THEAKSTON & AMANDA HOLDEN REMAINS THE BIGGEST COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOW IN THE UK
WITH A MASSIVE 4.1m WEEKLY LISTENERS
IT IS ALSO THE UK’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO SHOW OVERALL
CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP REACHES A
MASSIVE 3.3 MILLION LISTENERS
THE ALL NEW CAPITAL XTRA BREAKFAST SHOW WITH YINKA AND SHAYNA MARIE ACHIEVES AN AUDIENCE OF 734,000 IN ITS SIX MONTHS SINCE LAUNCH
LBC BREAKFAST WITH NICK FERRARI ACHIEVES 1.4M WEEKLY LISTENERS
RADIO X’S CHRIS MOYLES GROWS HIS AUDIENCE TO 960,000 WEEKLY LISTENERS
ADDING 25,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS ALONE
GLOBAL WINS COMMERCIAL REACH, HOURS AND SHARE OVERALL IN LONDON
LBC REMAINS THE NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR SHARE & HOURS
WITH AN 8.4% SHARE OF THE MARKET AND A MASSIVE 17m HOURS
CAPITAL REMAINS LONDON’S UNDISPUTED NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR REACH WITH 1.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS
GLOBAL HAS THE NUMBER 1 AND 2 COMMERCIAL NATIONAL BREAKFAST SHOWS IN LONDON
LBC’S NICK FERRARI WINS COMMERCIAL REACH, HOURS AND SHARE
AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON WITH 805,000 WEEKLY LISTENERS
HEART BREAKFAST WITH JAMIE THEAKSTON AND AMANDA HOLDEN GROWS IN REACH, HOURS AND SHARE TO BECOME LONDON’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL MUSIC BREAKFAST SHOW
ADDING 93,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS ALONE
CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP ONCE AGAIN BEATS RADIO 1 AND KISS AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON WITH 781,000 WEEKLY LISTENERS
• Global grows its audience with its radio brands now reaching a massive 24.9m people every week through radio alone, with hours at 224,000,000 taking a 23% market share.
• Global has the top 4 commercial radio brands in the UK for reach, hours and share in the UK with Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM.
• Capital remains London’s undisputed no.1 commercial radio station for reach with 1.6m weekly listeners.
• LBC remains the no.1 commercial radio station for share and hours with an 8.4% share of the market and a massive 17m hours.
• In these unprecedented times, more people are turning to LBC to join the debate, share their opinion and keep up to date with the very latest news. LBC now reaches a record 2.8 million listeners across the UK each week – the highest ever reach in its 47-year history – and an increase of 530,000 people in the past year.
• LBC has grown in reach, hours and share, both quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year.
• In its first set of results, LBC News – Britain’s first national rolling news radio station – launches with 657,000 weekly listeners.
• Nationally, LBC’s Nick Ferrari at Breakfast now reaches 1.4m listeners each week.
• In London, LBC is the no.1 commercial station for hours and share – with 8.4% share of the market and a massive 17m hours.
• Nick Ferrari at Breakfast is London’s number one commercial breakfast show for reach, hours and share, with 805,000 listeners each week.
• Heart continues its reign as the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand with 9.4m people tuning in every week, once again beating Radio 1 for reach, hours and share.
• Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden has a massive 4.1 million weekly listeners and remains the UK’s biggest commercial radio show and commercial breakfast show. Jamie and Amanda also add 93,000 listeners in London in the past three months, becoming London’s biggest commercial music breakfast show.
• Digital station Heart 80s adds 152,000 listeners in the past three months alone, reaching 1.2m weekly listeners. Heart 70s grows its audience to reach nearly 300,000 listeners in its first six months since launch.
• Capital remains the UK’s no.1 hit music brand with 7.5m weekly listeners, more than 2m listeners ahead of the Kiss brand nationally.
• In London, Capital is the undisputed no.1 commercial radio station for reach with 1.6m weekly listeners, also beating Radio 1.
• Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp reaches a massive 3.3m weekly listeners and remains one of the top two commercial breakfast shows in the UK, second only to Heart Breakfast’s Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden. In London, Roman beats Radio 1’s Greg James and Kiss at Breakfast.
• Capital XTRA grows in reach, hours and share, now reaching 1.9m people across the UK every week, adding 113,000 listeners in the past year and 91,000 listeners on the quarter.
• The all-new Capital XTRA Breakfast Show with Yinka and Shayna Marie reaches 734,000 weekly listeners.
• Brand new station Capital XTRA Reloaded gains 305,000 listeners in its first six months on air.
• Celebrating a 13-year high in hours and share, Classic FM increases its position as the UK’s most popular classical music station, with 5.5 million listeners each week. With more people tuning in to the station’s perfect blend of uplifting and relaxing classical music, Classic FM adds 196,000 listeners in the past year.
• Classic FM grows in reach, hours and share year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter.
• Smooth is the third largest commercial radio brand in the UK with 5.7 million people tuning in each week.
• Smooth Chill and Smooth Country have both increased in reach in the past quarter.
• Nationally, Radio X grows its audience to reach 1.7m listeners every week, adding 113,000 listeners in the past year.
• In London, Radio X increases its reach, and adds 36,000 listeners in the last three months.
• At breakfast, Chris Moyles grows his audience to 960,000, adding 25,000 listeners in the past three months alone. At drive, Johnny Vaughan grows in reach, hours and share year-on-year, growing his audience to 774,000.
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40
• The Official Big Top 40 continues to attract 1.3m weekly listeners and is the UK’s biggest chart show for hours with listening hours at 1.3m
• Gold reaches an audience of more than 1.3 million listeners every week, growing in reach, hours and share year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter.
“Clearly these RAJAR numbers represent January, February and March, before the current corona crisis changed the world – things are somewhat different since.
Nevertheless, today’s RAJAR numbers are a magnificent testament to every Globaller that’s worked so hard to continue our lead in the commercial radio market with 25million listeners and the top four commercial radio brands – Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM.
The record figures for LBC demonstrate that the brand continues to lead Britain’s conversation, with 2.8 million weekly listeners, something which has only grown since these numbers in the recent crisis.
We’re particularly pleased to see Classic FM add nearly 200,000 listeners in the past year and celebrate a new, thirteen year high in hours and share.
This overall performance from the Global portfolio highlights our focus on reaching listeners right across the country, serving them with the best music, entertainment and highest quality news and analysis in the business. This really is testament to the hard work produced by the whole Global team.”
Ashley Tabor-King OBE, Founder & Executive President of Global
James Rea, Director of Broadcasting at Global, said: “It’s incredible to see Global brands leading the way in the fiercely tough London-market and winning commercially overall in reach, hours and share.
I’m hugely proud to see both LBC and Heart remain firmly placed as London’s favourite breakfast stations proving that our entertainment output and cutting-edge news coverage have achieved a winning formula. Radio X and Capital XTRA have also amassed good numbers with 1.7m and 1.9m weekly listeners, respectively and LBC News, Britain’s first national rolling-news radio station, launches with over 650,000 listeners.
It’s also enormously rewarding to see Smooth retain its position as the third largest commercial radio brand with 5.7m weekly listeners – almost 1.6million more than its nearest competitor. These figures are a great testament and credit to the continued commitment and effort of the expert team at Global.”