Registering to use Global Player opens up a world of audio at your fingertips, allowing you to enjoy all of Global’s radio brands, award-winning podcasts, expertly-curated playlists, wherever you go. All for free. Just sign in and enjoy!
If your question isn’t answered below or you need further assistance, simply get in touch with Customer Support using the contact bar below.
Global Player is compatible with the latest version of all commonly used browsers:
We recognise you may choose to use another browser, however, we cannot guarantee a problem-free experience.
Please check you have the latest version of your browser and that you are logged into your Global Player account.
If this doesn’t work, please contact Customer Support with the following details:
Buffering is caused by your internet connection cutting out and reconnecting.
The quality of the audio you are listening to will depend on the internet package you are subscribed to. Please contact your internet service provider if the buffering continues.
Yes, you can listen to Global Player worldwide. To get started, create an account and start enjoying all of our great features for free.
To create a Global Player account:
1. Download the free app onto your device and launch it from your home screen
2. From the Live Radio section of the app, at the top right of the screen, select the ‘settings’ icon, tap ‘sign in’ and select ‘create an account’
3. Enter the details required and create a secure password
4. Tap ‘next’ and your account will be created
5. You can now use this account to log into Global Player from your device and also on desktop at globalplayer.com
Digital broadcasters and app providers collect your data when you create an account in order to meet regulatory requirements, personalise your user experience to bring you more content you’ll love, and serve appropriate adverts. This allows us to give you access to Global Player wherever you go, all for free!
To reset your Global Player password:
1. Launch the Global Player app on your device
2. Select the ‘settings’ icon
3. Select ‘sign in’
4. Select ‘sign in with email’
5. Tap ‘forgot password?’
6. Enter the email address you used to create an account and tap ‘submit’. An email will be sent to your email address with a link to reset your password
7. Please check your spam folders for this email. This link is available to use for four hours. After this time you will need to request another link.
You can also reset your Global Player password online via: globalplayer.com/settings. Just follow the same steps above.
Yes, there is an option on Global Player to set a sleep timer to a maximum of 120 minutes.
Select the ‘settings’ icon and scroll to locate ‘sleep timer’. Select the duration you want then tap ‘start’. You can then return to use the app as normal.
Select ‘Podcasts’ at the bottom of the app home screen. You can use the search function to locate your favourite podcast or scroll through all the options. Once located, select the podcast and tap ‘subscribe’.
Once subscribed, your favourite podcasts will appear in ‘My Library’. You can then download specific episodes from the podcast. If this is not showing, make sure you toggle between ‘Radio’ and ‘Podcasts’ at the top of the screen.
There are two ways to find and download your favourite radio shows on Catch Up:
1. At the top of the screen, swipe across and select the relevant radio brand, then scroll down and tap ‘schedule & catch up’. Select the date, then scroll down and tap on the show you’re looking for. The next screen allows to you listen, download and subscribe to that show.
2. No matter which radio brand you’re currently listening to, tap the ‘Catch Up’ icon at the bottom of the screen. Scroll and select the relevant radio brand. Select the date, then scroll down and tap on the show you’re looking for. The next screen allows to you listen, download and subscribe to that show.
To access your downloads, tap on the ‘My Library’ icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Make sure you’re toggled onto ‘radio’. Shows are available for seven days.
Global’s radio shows are available on Catch Up for seven days after broadcast.
Yes, just tap the ‘settings’ icon at the top right of the screen, scroll to ‘Catch Up settings’ and then toggle WiFi on or off.
Please be aware that additional data charges may apply when using your mobile data.
You can change which station you are listening to on all of our radio brands.
Select the ‘general settings’ icon, then choose the relevant radio brand you wish to make changes to. Tap ‘change station’, then scroll through the list. Tap on your local station and enjoy!
This depends how you are using the app. Data usage can vary, for example, if you are downloading, streaming or listening to HD audio.
Check the Google Play store for details on the permissions required. You will usually receive this information when you install the app.
Currently, you can only connect to Chromecast with live radio. This means you can listen to Global’s radio brands live, but you can’t use Chromecast to listen to our podcasts or Catch Up services.
There are two ways to connect your device to Chromecast:
1. via the Global Player app
2. via ‘settings’ on your device
If the Chromecast icon isn’t appearing in the app, you may have accidentally selected ‘don’t allow’ when the permissions prompt first appeared. Don’t worry, you can connect using the ‘settings’ section of your device – just follow the steps in point two.
If you have CarPlay in your car and you are connected, select the ‘Global Player’ icon to tune into Global’s radio brands live.
Simply say, “Hey Google Play, (name of Global radio brand).”
Simply say, “Hey Alexa, (name of Global radio brand).”
You could also you some of the following phrases and commands for Global Player on Amazon devices.
Tuning in and alarms:
“Alexa, play Capital”
“Alexa, play Heart on Global Player”
“Alexa, wake me up to Capital”
“Alexa, wake me up to Radio X at 7am every day”
“Alexa, set an alarm for 7am to Capital every day”
“Alexa, set an alarm for 7am to Classic FM”
Multi-room support (create your groups using the Alexa app):
“Alexa, play Radio X everywhere”
“Alexa, play Heart on Global Player in the kitchen”
Podcasts and Catch Up:
“Alexa, ask Global Player to play Nick Ferrari from Thursday”
“Alexa, ask Global Player to play yesterday’s Chris Moyles show”
“Alexa, ask Global Player to play the James O’Brien podcast”
“Alexa, ask Global Player to fast forward 30 minutes”
“Alexa, ask Global Player to rewind 5 minutes”
“Alexa, ask Global Player to jump to 1 hour and 30 minutes”
To listen to Global Player on Sonos, download the Sonos app and enable Global Player to access ‘live radio’ and ‘playlists’.
Simply say, “Hey Siri, play (name of Global radio brand).”
Homepod and Siri