1. Who we are and how to contact us
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 0333 200 2000.
2. Your acceptance of these terms
3. Application of other terms
• our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies we use on our Sites;
• our Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Sites; and
• our General Competition Terms and Conditions, which apply to all competitions, prize draws and promotions we run on our Sites, social media platforms, on-air or otherwise. Please also note that each competition, prize draw or promotion will also be subject to specific rules which apply to that competition, prize draw or promotion. These specific rules can be found on the relevant brand website to which the competition, prize draw or promotion relates.
4. Account registration
Certain parts of our Sites may require you to register and to provide certain information about yourself. Where you provide such information, you agree:
• to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself; and
• to ensure that such data is kept true, accurate, current and complete by updating or amending your details in your user account.
5. Your responsibility to keep your account details safe
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of any registration or security procedures connected with our Sites or our services, then you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose these details to any third party. For the avoidance of doubt, the sharing of user account details, including usernames and passwords is expressly prohibited.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user information or password, you must promptly notify us by contacting us via the contact details referred at clause 1 above.
6. How we use your personal information
7. Changes to our Sites
We may update and change our Sites from time to time to reflect changes to our products and services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
8. Our right to suspend or withdraw the Sites
Our Sites are made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Sites, or any content available on them, will always be available or that access to the Sites will be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict availability of all or any part of our Sites for any reason in our complete discretion.
9. Reliance on information published our Sites
The content on our Sites are provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Sites.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Sites is accurate, complete or up to date.
10. Links to third party content
Where our Sites contain links to other websites and online content provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or content. We have no control over the content of those sites or online materials.
11. How you may use materials on our Sites
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Sites, and the materials published on them. All trade marks and trade names used on the Sites are proprietary to Global or its licensors. We expressly reserve all rights in our Sites and the materials published on them (including any rights in any trade marks and/or trade names), except as expressly set out below.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Sites for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation or household to content posted on our Sites.
You must not in any circumstances modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or have downloaded from our Sites in any way (including, but not limited to, the removal of any copyright or trade mark notice(s)), and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, videos or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of the content on our Sites must always be acknowledged.
12. Linking to our Sites
You may link to our Sites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our Sites must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
13. Misuse of our Sites
You must not misuse our Sties by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Sites, the server on which our Sites is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Sites. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Sites will cease immediately.
14. User-generated content featured on our Sites
Our Sites may include information and content uploaded by other users of our Sites, including but not limited to, comments posted in relation to editorial pieces published on our Sites. This information and content has not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Sites do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 0333 200 2000.
15. Uploading content to our Sites
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Sites, or to make contact with other users of our Sites, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards, and agree that you will be liable to us and shall indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, costs, liabilities and expenses (including legal costs) suffered by us arising out of or in connection with any breach of this warranty.
Any content you upload to our Sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Sites a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in clause 16 below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any content you post on our Sites if, in our opinion, such content does not comply with the content standards outlined in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up any content you upload to our Sites, and we accept no liability to you in respect of the deletion or removal of such content from our Sites.
16. Rights you are giving to us to use content you upload to our Sites
When you upload or post content to our Sites, you grant the following rights to Global and to each user of the Sites:
• to Global, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content in connection with the provision of Global’s services or otherwise in connection with Global’s business and/or the business or services of other entities forming part of the Global Media & Entertainment group from time to time, in any media format and through any media channels (whether now known or invented in the future, which may include, without limitation other websites, media channels, television and/or radio) and you acknowledge that such content may be accompanied by third party advertising and/or sponsorship materials; and
• to each user of the Sites, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your content through the Sites and to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Sites and our services.
By uploading such content to our Sites, you also agree to waive any moral or similar rights in any jurisdiction that you may have in and to such content.
17. Our liability to you in connection with your use of our Sites
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content featured on them.
We do not guarantee that our Sites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your device, computer programmes and platforms to safely access our Sites.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• the use of, or inability to use, our Sites; or
• the use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
21. Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: April 2021