GLOBAL CONTINUES TO LEAD THE UK COMMERCIAL RADIO MARKET WITH ITS HIGHEST EVER WEEKLY REACH – A RECORD 25.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS
GLOBAL RETAINS THE TOP FOUR COMMERCIAL RADIO BRANDS IN THE UK
HEART, CAPITAL, SMOOTH & CLASSIC FM
HEART REMAINS THE UK’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND WITH 9.7m WEEKLY LISTENERS
HEART IS STILL BIGGER THAN RADIO 1
HEART 80s ACHIEVES ANOTHER RECORD HIGH GROWING IN REACH, HOURS AND SHARE
ADDING 324,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
CAPITAL IS ONCE AGAIN THE UK’S NO.1 HIT MUSIC BRAND WITH 8.2m WEEKLY LISTENERS
GROWING ITS REACH, HOURS AND SHARE, QUARTER ON QUARTER
COMPLETING THE TRILOGY, SMOOTH IS THE THIRD LARGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND IN THE UK WITH MORE THAN 5.7m TUNING IN EACH WEEK
ADDING 132,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
CLASSIC FM REMAINS THE NATION’S FAVOURITE CLASSICAL MUSIC STATION AND THE FOURTH LARGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND IN THE UK WITH 5.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS
ADDING JUST UNDER 500,000 LISTENERS IN THE LAST YEAR
LBC CELEBRATES THE HIGHEST EVER REACH IN ITS 46-YEAR HISTORY WITH 2.4m WEEKLY LISTENERS
ADDING MORE THAN 250,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
CAPITAL XTRA REACHES A RECORD 1.9m WEEKLY LISTENERS ADDING 171,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS ALONE
RADIO X GROWS ITS REACH, HOURS AND SHARE TO 1.6m LISTENERS EACH WEEK
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40 REMAINS THE UK’S BIGGEST CHART SHOW WITH 1.5m WEEKLY LISTENERS OFFICIALLY
NATIONALLY AT BREAKFAST…
THE ALL NEW CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP OPENS WITH A MASSIVE 3.8 MILLION LISTENERS BECOMING ONE OF THE TOP 2 COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOWS IN THE UK, SECOND ONLY TO HEART
NICK FERRARI AT BREAKFAST SMASHES ANOTHER RECORD 1.4m WEEKLY LISTENERS ACROSS THE UK GROWING BOTH HOURS AND SHARE
CLASSIC FM’S BREAKFAST WITH TIM LIHOREAU AND MOIRA STUART NOW REACHES 1.9m LISTENERS EACH WEEK ADDING NEARLY 250,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
GLOBAL WINS BOTH COMMERCIAL REACH AND SHARE
CAPITAL REMAINS LONDON’S NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR REACH WITH 1.8m WEEKLY LISTENERS
LBC REMAINS LONDON’S NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR SHARE WITH A 6.4% SHARE OF THE MARKET
GLOBAL HAS THE TOP FOUR COMMERCIAL STATIONS IN LONDON BY SHARE WITH LBC, HEART, CLASSIC FM AND CAPITAL RESPECTIVELY
GLOBAL WINS BOTH COMMERCIAL REACH AND SHARE AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON
CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP IS ONCE AGAIN THE NO.1 COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOW IN LONDON FOR REACH WITH AN AUDIENCE OF OVER 1 MILLION LISTENERS
LBC’S NICK FERRARI AT BREAKFAST IS AGAIN LONDON’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOW FOR HOURS AND SHARE
GLOBAL HAS THE TOP FOUR COMMERCIAL STATIONS AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON BY SHARE WITH LBC, CAPITAL, HEART AND CLASSIC FM RESPECTIVELY
• Global continues to lead the UK commercial radio market, celebrating its highest ever weekly reach with a record 25.6m weekly listeners through the radio alone.
• When all digital and social media platforms are added in and de-duplicated, Global’s radio brands now entertain 34m people each week.
• Global also achieves record hours at 238,000,000 and takes a record 23.4% market share.
• Global retains the top four commercial radio brands in the UK with Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM.
• Nationally, Heart continues its reign as the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand with 9.7m people tuning in every week, beating Radio 1 for reach, hours and share.
• Heart 80s achieves another record high, growing in reach, hours and share and adding a massive 324,000 listeners in the past year, taking its reach to 1.5m.
• Nationally, Capital grows its reach, hours and share quarter-on-quarter and now reaches 8.2m weekly listeners.
• In the fiercely competitive London market, Capital remains the biggest commercial station for reach with 1.8m weekly listeners and Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp retains its crown as the no.1 commercial breakfast show with over 1m listeners.
• The all new Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp – which launched nationwide on April 8th – opens with a massive 3.8m weekly listeners, becoming one of the top 2 commercial breakfast shows in the UK, second only to Heart.
• Nationally, LBC attracts a record 2.4 million listeners across the UK each week – the highest ever reach in its 46-year history – an increase of 252,000 people in the past year.
• The station has grown in reach, hours and share, quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year.
• LBC’s Nick Ferrari at Breakfast has smashed another record and now reaches a massive 1.4m listeners nationally each week – up 240,000 in the past year. Nick Ferrari has also broken his previous record for hours and share across the UK.
• Eddie Mair has added 119,000 listeners in the past year, with 804,000 people tuning in across the UK each week.
• In London, LBC is the number one commercial station in hours and share.
• In London, Nick Ferrari at Breakfast is the number one commercial breakfast show for both hours and share.
• Nationally, with more than 5.7 million people tuning in each week, Smooth is the UK’s third largest commercial radio brand, adding 132,000 listeners year-on-year.
• Smooth has increased in reach, hours and share, both quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year.
• Nationally, Classic FM now reaches 5.6 million people each week – an increase of 474,000 listeners in the past year – confirming its position as the UK’s most popular classical music station.
• Classic FM’s More Music Breakfast with Tim Lihoreau and Moira Stuart has added 249,000 listeners in the past year, with 1.9 million people listening each week. John Suchet (weekdays 9am to 1pm) now attracts 2.9 million people each week – an increase of 344,000 listeners year-on-year.
• Following Classic FM’s Revision Hour, the station’s first ever series dedicated to students which ran during this RAJAR period, the number of 15-24 year-olds tuning in each week has increased to 484,000.
• Nationally, Capital XTRA celebrates its highest ever reach with a record 1.9m people tuning in to the station every week.
• The station grows in reach, hours and share year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter, adding a colossal 171,000 listeners in the past three months alone.
• Nationally, Radio X grows its reach, hours and share quarter-on-quarter, adding over 80,000 listeners in the past three months alone, now reaching 1.6m listeners every week.
• Chris Moyles at breakfast also grows his national audience to 931,000 listeners.
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40
• The Official Big Top 40 remains the UK’s biggest chart show, with 1.5m weekly listeners, officially beating its nearest competitor in reach, hours and share.
• Across the UK, more than 1.3m people tune in to Gold each week. Gold has grown in reach, hours and share both in the past quarter and year.
“This is our strongest set of RAJAR results ever for Global, our biggest ever in terms of reach, hours and share.It is a true testament to the hard work of every Globaler.
To now reach over 25.6 million weekly listeners and for Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM to be the top 4 commercial radio brands in the UK again is very special indeed.
Heart retains its lead as the biggest commercial radio brand in the UK, with 9.7 million weekly listeners, and Heart 80s achieves its highest ever set of numbers.
‘The All New Capital Breakfast’ with Roman Kemp opens with a massive 3.8 million becoming, one of the top two commercial breakfast shows in the UK, second only to Heart.
LBC’s performance is equally phenomenal with the station delivering its highest ever weekly reach, now at 2.4 million across the UK, and Nick Ferrari also delivering his personal highest ever reach at 1.4m listeners.
It goes without saying that I’m immensely proud of the Global team – their drive, focus, dedication and sheer hard work has truly reaped dividends.”
Ashley Tabor OBE, Founder & Executive President of Global