GLOBAL CONTINUES TO LEAD THE UK COMMERCIAL RADIO MARKET WITH 25.4m WEEKLY LISTENERS AND A RECORD SHARE OF 24%
GLOBAL RETAINS THE TOP THREE COMMERCIAL RADIO BRANDS IN THE UK
HEART, CAPITAL AND SMOOTH
HEART REMAINS THE UK’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND WITH A RECORD 9.8m WEEKLY LISTENERS
GROWING ITS AUDIENCE BY NEARLY 150,000 IN THE LAST YEAR ALONE – HEART IS BIGGER THAN RADIO 1
HEART 80s ACHIEVES ANOTHER RECORD HIGH GROWING ITS REACH TO 1.7m
ADDING 315,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
CAPITAL IS ONCE AGAIN THE UK’S NO.1 HIT MUSIC BRAND WITH 8.1m WEEKLY LISTENERS
LBC SMASHES ANOTHER RECORD WITH 2.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS – THE HIGHEST EVER REACH IN ITS 46-YEAR HISTORY ADDING ALMOST 500,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
SMOOTH IS THE THIRD LARGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO BRAND IN THE UK
SMOOTH RADIO NETWORK CELEBRATES ITS HIGHEST EVER REACH WITH A RECORD 5.1m WEEKLY LISTENERS – 1.7 MILLION LISTENERS MORE THAN MAGIC
RADIO X GROWS ITS REACH, HOURS AND SHARE TO A RECORD 1.7m LISTENERS EACH WEEK ADDING A STAGGERING 116,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS ALONE
CLASSIC FM REMAINS THE NATION’S FAVOURITE CLASSICAL MUSIC STATION WITH 5.1m WEEKLY LISTENERS
CAPITAL XTRA REACHES 1.9m WEEKLY LISTENERS ADDING 39,000 LISTENERS IN THE PAST YEAR
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40 OFFICIALLY REMAINS THE UK’S BIGGEST CHART SHOW WITH 1.5m LISTENERS
NATIONALLY AT BREAKFAST…
GLOBAL NOW HAS THE TWO LARGEST COMMERICAL NATIONAL BREAKFAST SHOWS IN THE UK
HEART BREAKFAST – 4.6m
CAPITAL BREAKFAST – 3.7m
THE ALL NEW NATIONAL HEART BREAKFAST SHOW WITH JAMIE THEAKSTON AND AMANDA HOLDEN BECOMES THE BIGGEST COMMERCIAL RADIO SHOW AND COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOW IN THE UK
WITH A MASSIVE 4.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS
CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP REACHES A MASSIVE 3.7 MILLION LISTENERS REMAINING ONE OF THE TOP 2 COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOWS IN THE UK, SECOND ONLY TO HEART
NICK FERRARI AT BREAKFAST SMASHES ANOTHER RECORD YET AGAIN WITH 1.5m WEEKLY LISTENERS ACROSS THE UK – HIS HIGHEST EVER GROWING REACH, HOURS AND SHARE OVER THE PAST QUARTER AND YEAR
GLOBAL WINS COMMERCIAL REACH, HOURS AND SHARE OVERALL IN LONDON
CAPITAL REMAINS LONDON’S NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR REACH WITH 1.6m WEEKLY LISTENERS
LBC REMAINS THE NO.1 COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION FOR SHARE WITH A 6.7% SHARE OF THE MARKET
GLOBAL WINS COMMERCIAL REACH, HOURS AND SHARE AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON
LBC’S NICK FERRARI AT BREAKFAST IS LONDON’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL BREAKFAST SHOW FOR REACH, HOURS AND SHARE
CAPITAL BREAKFAST WITH ROMAN KEMP IS LONDON’S BIGGEST COMMERCIAL MUSIC BREAKFAST SHOW FOR REACH ONCE AGAIN
GLOBAL HAS THE TOP THREE COMMERCIAL STATIONS AT BREAKFAST IN LONDON BY SHARE WITH LBC, CLASSIC FM AND HEART RESPECTIVELY
• Global brands reach a massive 25.4 million people every week through radio alone with hours at 236,000,000 taking a 24% market share
• Global has the top three commercial radio brands in the UK for reach and share in the UK with Heart, Capital and Smooth
• Heart continues its reign as the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand with 9.8 million people tuning in every week, breaking a new record in reach and beating Radio 1 for reach, hours and share.
• The all new nationwide Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden opens with a massive 4.6 million weekly listeners, making it the UK’s biggest commercial radio show and commercial breakfast show.
• Heart 80s achieves another record high, growing in reach, hours and share and adding a massive 315,000 listeners in the past year, taking its reach to 1.7 million.
• Capital is once again the UK’s no.1 hit music brand, reaching 8.1 million weekly listeners, growing hours and share on the year.
• In the fiercely competitive London market, Capital remains the biggest commercial station for reach with 1.6 million weekly listeners.
• Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp – which launched nationwide on April 8th – reaches a massive 3.7 million weekly listeners, remaining one of the top two commercial breakfast shows in the UK, second only to Heart.
• LBC now reaches a record 2.6 million listeners across the UK each week – the highest ever reach in its 46-year history – an increase of almost 500,000 people in the past year.
• The station has grown in reach, hours and share, quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year.
• LBC’s Nick Ferrari at Breakfast has smashed another record and now reaches a massive 1.5 million listeners nationally each week – up 321,000 in the past year. Nick Ferrari has again broken his previous record for hours and share across the UK.
• Eddie Mair celebrates his highest reach on LBC with 865,000 listeners tuning in every week, growing his audience by 199,000 listeners in the last 12 months.
• In London, LBC is the number one commercial station in hours and share.
• In London, Nick Ferrari at Breakfast is the number one commercial breakfast show for reach, hours and share.
• Smooth is the third largest commercial radio brand in the UK with more than 5.8 million people tuning in each week.
• The Smooth network has reported its highest ever reach, adding 129,000 weekly listeners to reach a record 5.1 million weekly listeners.
• Kate Garraway adds 100,000 new listeners year-on-year and now reaches 2.4 million weekly listeners.
• Nationally, Classic FM now reaches 5.1 million people each week, confirming its position as the UK’s most popular classical music station, growing in hours and share year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter – its highest in 12 years.
• Nationally, Radio X grows its reach, hours and share quarter-on-quarter, adding 116,000 listeners in the past three months alone, now reaching a record 1.7 million listeners every week.
• Chris Moyles at breakfast also grows his national audience to 975,000 listeners, adding 54,000 listeners in the past year.
• In London, Radio X has increased reach, hours and share on the year, adding 88,000 listeners in the past year.
• Nationally, Capital XTRA reaches 1.9 million people every week, growing its reach, hours and share year-on-year, adding 39,000 listeners in the past 12 months.
THE OFFICIAL BIG TOP 40
• The Official Big Top 40 remains the UK’s biggest chart show, with 1.5 million weekly listeners.
• Gold reaches an audience of 1.3 million listeners every week
• At breakfast, James Bassam adds 34,000 listeners in his first card as the host of Gold’s More Music Breakfast, with 581,000 listeners tuning in every week.
“Today’s RAJAR numbers are a magnificent testament to every Globaller that’s worked so hard to bring about a huge amount of change during this period. We launched two new national breakfast shows, creating the two largest commercial radio breakfast shows. The All New Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston & Amanda Holden opens with 4.6million weekly listeners making it the biggest commercial radio and breakfast show in the UK, and Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp opens with 3.7m weekly listeners in its first full card.”
“Overall the Heart brand has broken a new record, extending its weekly reach to a whopping 9.8million and growing its audience by 150,000 listeners year on year. Global retains the nation’s three favourite commercial radio brands with Heart, Capital and Smooth respectively.”
“Meanwhile, LBC & Nick Ferrari’s record numbers, again, are also incredibly rewarding, especially ahead of the launch of our new rolling news service on Monday, LBC News, which will be breaking news 24/7. With Amanda not only breaking her leg this week but also breaking records with Heart’s highest ever audience, here’s to breaking more records (but hopefully no more legs) in the future and congrats to every Globaller who worked so hard to achieve today’s results.”Ashley Tabor-King OBE, Founder & Executive President of Global
James Rea, Global’s Director of Broadcasting, said: “During the week in which we have launched LBC News it is hugely rewarding to see that LBC smashes another record with 2.6 million weekly listeners, adding an incredible half a million listeners year on year. Nick Ferrari goes from strength to strength achieving a record reach of 1.5 million making this the No 1 London commercial Breakfast Show. Elsewhere in the Global portfolio I am particularly pleased to see Radio X do so well, increasing its listeners by a staggering 116,00 in the past three months alone, Heart 80s achieving another record high adding another 315,000 listeners in the past year and our Smooth Network scoring a record reach of 5.1 million weekly listeners. These figures speak for themselves showing that Global brands continue to perform well on all fronts.”